RECONNECT WITH NATURE ON AN EXCLUSIVE 120 ACRE RETREAT IN THE NILGIRIS
Get away from it all to a hidden gem in the Nilgiris where nature reigns supreme. Just an hour’s drive from Coonoor and Ooty and yet a world apart – Eco Coonoor Cottages is a 120 acre estate that grows tea, coffee, pepper and cloves. It also offers luxury stays for those who feel a special connection with nature and are looking for truly eco-friendly homestay. Outside your window there is a lush green carpet of tea bushes and beyond it a valley with spectacular views of the sunrise and sunset. Relax and unwind with a loved one or enjoy a family holiday with children. Eco Coonoor Cottages gives you plenty of choice in a setting that can only be described as truly spectacular.
Built with naturally sourced materials, the three cottages at Eco Coonoor Cottages give you the comfort and convenience of modern facilities as well as the pleasure of being in the lap of nature. The large windows and balconies make sure the great outdoors is never far away.
Rise early and go out bird watching. Trek through gently undulating hills. Stop at a waterfall for a picnic. Watch tea leaves being plucked by nimble fingers. Experience a tea tasting session and discover your favourite. Or just laze in your balcony and watch the clouds drift by!
Things To Do
- Tea Gardens – See tea leaves being plucked – help out if you want. Nimble fingers a must if you want the best two leaves and a bud!
- Tea tasting session – discover the aromas and taste of different varieties of green teas, black teas and white teas
- Visit to a tea factory – please let us know and we can arrange a visit
- Day trip to Coonoor – can be arranged at request – enjoy the tourist attractions of Sims Park – home to over 1000 species of flora and the natural beauty of Lamb’s Rock, Dolphin’s nose and Lady Canning Seat
- Day trip to Ooty – Visit the Rose Garden, Ooty lake, Botanical Gardens, Tribal Museum
- Golf at Wellington and Ooty
- Trekking – a 3-4 hour walk is possible within the resort property. For a longer trek, please ask for directions
- Bird watching – ask us for a pair of binoculars and you are ready to discover your feathered friends
- Ride in the Nilgris Mountain Railway
(above 8-14 yrs)